- There are no unexpected duties, tariffs or cross border fees on our products. All pricing is in Canadian dollars and shipped from Canada.
- All products shipped from BuyPhonesOnline.ca come pre-configured and with configuration support; so that you can UNPACK, PLUG-IN, and DIAL.
HELIA Technology Report
Find advanced training videos and product reviews for all things phones at our YouTube channel. Find coupons for this BuyPhonesOnline.ca webstore and more. Visit and Subscribe youtube.com/HeliaCanada
All About the Ubiquiti Rocket M Powerful 2x2 MIMO airMAX® BaseStation
Featuring mix-and-match industrial design, the Rocket™ is a Ubiquiti Networks® airMAX® BaseStation that supports speeds of up to 150+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput. It is ideal for deployment in Point-to-Point (PtP) bridging or Point-to-MultiPoint (PtMP) airMAX applications.
The Rocket is available in several frequency models: 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 3/3.65 GHz, and 5 GHz, to support your specific application. You have the freedom to locate, deploy, and operate the Rocket in these unlicensed bands (subject to local country regulations). The Rocket allows for a high degree of flexibility in configuring channel bandwidths: 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 20, 25, 30, and/or 40 MHz, depending on the specific product model and local country regulations.
Plug and Play Integration
Rocket radios and airMAX antennas have been designed to seamlessly work together. Every airMAX Sector, RocketDish™, Omni, or Yagi antenna has a built-in Rocket mount, so installation requires no special tools. Snap the Rocket securely into place and mount the antenna; then you have the optimal combination of Rocket radio and airMAX antenna for your PtP or PtMP application.
airMAX Technology Included
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti's Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This time slot method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency. It provides many magnitudes of performance improvements in latency, throughput, and scalability compared to all other outdoor systems in its class.
- Intelligent QoS Priority is given to voice/video for seamless streaming.
- Scalability High capacity and scalability.
- Long Distance Capable of high-speed, carrier-class links.
Built upon an intuitive user interface foundation, airOS® 5 is an advanced operating system for Ubiquiti airMAX M Series products.
- airMAX Protocol Support
- Long-Range PtP Link Mode
- Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual
- Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
- Device Statistics
- Diagnostic Tools
Integrated on all Ubiquiti M products, airView provides advanced spectrum analyzer functionality: waterfall, waveform, and real-time spectral views allow operators to identify noise signatures and plan their networks to minimize noise interference.
- Waterfall Aggregate energy over time for each frequency.
- Waveform Aggregate energy collected.
- Real-time Energy is shown in real time as a function of frequency.
- Recording Automate airView to record and report results.
airControl is a powerful and intuitive, web-based server network management application, which allows operators to centrally manage entire networks of Ubiquiti devices.
- Network Map
- Monitor Device Status
- Mass Firmware Upgrade
- Web UI Access
- Manage Groups of Devices
- Task Scheduling
Ubiquiti Rocket 5 GHz Models
The 5 GHz frequency band is free to use, worldwide, offers plentiful spectrum, and works well for long-distance links. However, 5 GHz signals have more difficulty passing through obstacles than lower-frequency signals.
The Rocket enclosure is built to survive harsh environments and fits the Rocket mount built into every airMAX antenna.
Pair the Rocket with the appropriate antenna for your PtP link or PtMP network.
M5 Physical / Electrical / Environmental Information
- Dimensions - 160 x 80 x 30 mm (6.30 x 3.15 x 1.18")
- Weight - 500 g (1.1 lb)
- Enclosure Characteristics - Outdoor UV Stabilized Plastic
- Processor - MIPS 74Kc
- Memory - 128 MB SDRAM, 8 MB Flash
- Networking Interface - (1) 10/100 Mbps
- RF Connections - (2) RP-SMA (Waterproof)
- LEDs - Power, Ethernet, (4) Signal Strength
- Max. Power Consumption - 8W
- Power Supply - 24V, 1A PoE Adapter
- Power Method - Passive PoE (Pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 Return)
- ESD/EMP Protection - ± 24KV Air / Contact
- Operating Temperature - -30 to 75° C (-22 to 167° F)
- Operating Humidity - 5 to 95% Noncondensing
- Shock and Vibration - ETSI300-019-1.4
- Modes - Access Point, Station
- Services - Web Server, SNMP, SSH Server, Telnet , Ping Watchdog, DHCP, NAT, Bridging, Routing
- Utilities - Antenna Alignment Tool, Discovery Utility, Site Survey, Ping, Traceroute, Speed Test
- Distance Adjustment - Dynamic Ack and Ackless Mode
- Power Adjustment - Software Adjustable UI or CLI
- Security - WPA2 AES Only
- QoS - Supports Packet Level Classification WMM and User Customer Level: High/Medium/Low
- Statistical Reporting - Up Time, Packet Errors, Data Rates, Wireless Distance, Ethernet Link Rate
- Other - Remote Reset Support, Software Enabled/Disabled, VLAN Support, 64QAM, 5/8/10/20/30/40 MHz Channel Width Support
- Ubiquiti Specific Features - airMAX Mode, Traffic Shaping with Burst Support, Discovery Protocol, Frequency Band Offset, Ackless Mode