- There are no unexpected duties, tariffs or cross border fees on our products. All pricing is in Canadian dollars and shipped from Canada.
- All products shipped from BuyPhonesOnline.ca come pre-configured and with configuration support; so that you can UNPACK, PLUG-IN, and DIAL.
HELIA recommends 3CX
3CX is an advanced commercial phone system. We have found it to have the best value of any phone system available today and it supports companies from under 10 up to very large national companies. To find out more about 3CX, visit www.Office-Phone-Systems.ca
Supported Phone Systems
About the Polycom VVX 500 Desk Phone
The VoIP SIP VVX 500 Performance 12-line Business Media Phone
Performance business media phones that deliver best-in-class desktop productivity and unified communications for busy professionals
The Polycom® VVX 500 Series performance business media phones unify superior voice capabilities and applications into a simple-to-use, yet high-performance unified communications (UC) solution. It is the ideal, all-in-one knowledge worker productivity tool, built to integrate seamlessly into a wide range of UC environments.
Simplicity and ease of use
The Polycom VVX 500 Series phone is built for today's busy managers and knowledge workers who need a powerful, expandable office phone that keeps up with their multitasking and schedule-juggling. Building on the behavior common to mobile phones, the multitouch, gesture-based user interface of the Polycom VVX 500 makes navigation intuitive and easy.
Designed for a broad range of environments from small and medium businesses to large enterprises, the Polycom VVX 500 Series performance business media phone improves productivity by complementing the workplace applications on the user's computer. Users benefit from such capabilities as viewing their Outlook calendar on the phone and receiving meeting reminders while still having access to their corporate directory—all while waiting for their PCs to boot. Users can also extend their PC desktop to include the Polycom VVX 500 Series screen, helping to enable simplified interactions and dialing using their PC's mouse and keyboard. Training and multipoint communication applications are complemented by the Polycom VVX 500 Series video playback capability for streaming content.
Best-in-class deployment and administration
The Polycom VVX 500 Series is easy to deploy and simple to manage. Its enterprise-grade, Web-based, intuitive configuration method gives administrators the ability to easily set up and maintain a large number of phones throughout the entire enterprise. The built-in, broad interoperability capabilities allow IT departments to leverage previous IT infrastructure investments and achieve easy integration with third-party UC and productivity applications.
Highly customizable and expandable
The Polycom VVX 500 Series provides personalized information at a glance, through builtin Web applications and even a digital photo frame. Polycom's "My Info Portal" serves up stocks, news, sports, weather and other streamed content directly to the phone screen. The Polycom VVX 500 Series is ready for future expansion modules and accessories for applications such as videoconferencing and even wireless networking.
Market-leading open standards interoperability
Designed for enhanced interoperability, leveraging and complementing the other existing IT investments of any enterprise, the Polycom VVX 500 Series delivers HD Voice™, a superior UC experience bundled with business applications. With the broadest call server interoperability in the industry, the Polycom VVX 500 Series business media phone is a flexible foundation for any organization's UC strategy.
- Improves knowledgeworker productivity
- Reduces training time through superior calling features in a sleek design and simple-to-use phone
- Cuts telephony administration and maintenance costs
- Leverages previous IT infrastructure investments
- Easy to deploy, administer, upgrade and maintain
- Delivers easy integration with third-party UC and productivity applications
User interface features
- Gesture-based, multitouch-capable, capacitive touch-screen
- 3.5-in TFT LCD display at QVGA (320 x 240 pixel) resolution, 4:3 aspect ratio
- Screensaver and digital picture frame mode
- On-screen virtual keyboard
- Voicemail and videomail support1
- Dual USB ports (2.0 compliant) for media and storage applications
- WebKit-based browser
- Adjustable base height
- Unicode UTF-8 character support.
- Polycom HD Voice technology delivers lifelike voice quality for each audio pathhandset, the hands-free speakerphone and the optional headset
- Polycom® Acoustic Clarity™ technology, providing full-duplex conversations, acoustic echo cancellation and background noise suppression
- Type 1 compliant (IEEE 1329 full duplex)
- Frequency response: 14 kHz for handset, optional headset and hands-free speakerphone modes
- Codecs: G.711 (A-law and μ-law), G.729AB, G.722, G.722.1, G.722.1C
- Individual volume settings with visual feedback for each audio path
- Voice activity detection
- Comfort noise generation
- DTMF tone generation (RFC 2833 and in-band)
- Low-delay audio packet transmission
- Adaptive jitter buffers
- Packet loss concealment
Headset and handset compatibility
- Dedicated RJ-9 headset port
- Hearing aid compatibility to ITU-T P.370 and TIA
- 504A standards
- Compliant with ADA Section 508 Subpart B 1194.23 (all)
- Hearing aid compatible handset for magnetic coupling to hearing aids
- Compatible with commercially available TTY adapter equipment
- Supports compatible USB headsets
Call handling features
- 12 lines (registrations)
- Up to 24 simultaneous calls
- Shared call/bridged line appearance
- Flexible line appearance (1 or more line keys can be assigned for each line extension)
- Distinctive incoming call treatment / call waiting
- Call timer and call waiting
- Call transfer, hold, divert (forward), pickup
- Called, calling, connected party information
- Local 3-way audio conferencing
- 1-touch speed dial, redial
- Remote missed call notification
- Do not disturb function
- Electronic hook switch capable
- Local configurable digit map/dial plan
Open application platform
- Supports Polycom Apps SDK and API for third-party business and personal applications
- Bundled with Polycom Productivity Suite:
- Corporate directory access using LDAP
- Local voice call recording on USB flash drive
- Visual conference management
- Built-in auto-sensing IEEE 802.3 at Ethernet (Class 4)
- Energy-saving smart motion detector enables the screen to go into power-save mode when no one is in the office
- External universal AC adaptor (optional, 48V 0.52A DC)
- Temperature: +32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95%, noncondensing
Polycom VVX 500 Series comes with
- Polycom VVX 500 Series console
- Handset with handset cord
- Network (LAN) cable - CAT-5E
- Quick start guide
- 7.5 x 6 x 7 in (19 x 15 x 18 cm) (W x H x D)
Part numbers 2200-44500-025 – VVX 500 WW PoE
- Unit weight: 2.0 lbs (0.9 kg)
Unit box dimensions / weight
- 11.46 x 7.9 x 3.82 in (29.1 x 20 x 9.7 cm)
- 3.1 lbs (1.4 kg)
Phone System Support Overview
Polycom enjoys a broad support of its phones within IP phone systems and hosted phone systems.
When you buy a Polycom VVX phone from BuyPhonesOnline.ca, Helia will pre-configure the phone so that when you plug it in it will be ready to use right away.
3CX Professional Phone System.
The Polycom VVX desk phone is fully supported by the 3CX Phone System as a standard phone. This means is enjoys plug and play functionaity for configuration as well as Option 66 configuration as both a local phone. Remote phones require a vpn and additional configuration
The Polycom VVX desk phone is a preferred phone for the SimpleBusinessPhones.com phone lines. The phone will come auto configured and any additional changes can be made in the SimpleBusinessPhones.com web portal.
Fairfire Hosted Phone System
The Polycom VVX desk phone is a preferred phone for the FairFirePhones.ca phone lines. The phone will come auto configured and any additional changes can be made in the FairFirePhones.ca web portal.
The Polycom VVX desk phone is supported by the RingCentral hosted phone system. The phone will auto configure for your phone phone system using plug and play configurations
Resources and Documents
- Polycom VVX 500 Desk Phone User Manual
- Datasheet for the Polycom VVX 500 Desk Phone
- Frequently Asked questions for the Polycom VVX 500 Desk Phone