- There are no unexpected duties, tariffs or cross border fees on our products. All pricing is in Canadian dollars and shipped from Canada.
- All products shipped from BuyPhonesOnline.ca come pre-configured and with configuration support; so that you can UNPACK, PLUG-IN, and DIAL.
HELIA Technology Report
Find advanced training videos and product reviews for all things phones at our YouTube channel. Find coupons for this BuyPhonesOnline.ca webstore and more. Visit and Subscribe youtube.com/HeliaCanada
About the Netgear JGS516PE 16 Port 8 POE 10/100/1000 Network Switch
Control and Configure Beyond Plug-and-Play Connectivity
Today's growing businesses rely more on their network to carry out missioncritical business activities. Deployment of VoIP and IP surveillance needs the network intelligence to separate the voice and video traffic from data, and prioritize them accordingly. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches.
Gigabit Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing fundamental network features such as VLANs, QoS, and IGMP Snooping that will help optimize the performance of business networks. ProSAFE Plus switches come in a variety of configurations ranging from 5 port desktop to 24 port rackmount. Certain Plus switch models support Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and can power devices such as IP phones, IP surveillance cameras and wireless access points with just an Ethernet cable; perfect for low cost PoE deployments. ProSAFE Plus Switches are the perfect upgrade from the plug-and-play unmanaged switch, delivering essential networking features at a very affordable price.
Hardware Features Benefits
All Gigabit models Making Plus Switch an ideal upgrade for SMB network combining management capability with higher speed and better performance PoE offerings in Plus Switches With half of the ports capable of supporting PoE, these PoE Plus models are the most costefficient Gigabit Ethernet solution for converaged networks where PoE support is needed, but isn't necessary on all ports Desktop and rackmount Flexibile deployment for either desktop placement, undertable mount, wall mount as well as rackmount
Software Features Benefits
VLAN Segment network into smaller groups for more secure and efficient use of network resources QoS For optimized network performance and better delivery of mission-critical traffic such as voice and video IGMP Snooping For improved network efficiency on delivering multicast traffic Port Trunking Build up a bigger bandwidth to support aggregated uplink traffic Port Mirroring For better and quicker network diagnotics and troubleshooting Cable Test Easily identify bad Ethernet cables
- Enable network configuration and management at the price point of Unmanaged Switches
- Gigabit connection delivers up to 2000 Mbps of dedicated, non-blocking bandwidth per port
- Simple, yet useful network set-up on top of plug-and-play connectivity
- Flexible management via PC-based Utility Tool
- VLAN support for traffic segmentation
- Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
- Auto "denial-of-service" (DoS) prevention
- Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test
- Loop detection and broadcast storm controls
- IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
- Rate limiting for better bandwidth allocation
- Port mirroring for network monitoring
- Port trunking for bigger uplink bandwidth
- Jumbo frame support
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE802.3az) support for maxium power savings
- LIFETIME Hardware Warranty1
- LIFETIME 24/7 Technical Support
- LIFETIME Next Business Day Replacement
Phone System Support Overview
Supported Phone Systems