- There are no unexpected duties, tariffs or cross border fees on our products. All pricing is in Canadian dollars and shipped from Canada.
- All products shipped from BuyPhonesOnline.ca come pre-configured and with configuration support; so that you can UNPACK, PLUG-IN, and DIAL.
HELIA recommends 3CX
3CX is an advanced commercial phone system. We have found it to have the best value of any phone system available today and it supports companies from under 10 up to very large national companies. To find out more about 3CX, visit www.Office-Phone-Systems.ca
Supported Phone Systems
- HELIA recommends the 3CX Phone System
About the Cisco 7942G Unified IP Desk Phone
Cisco Unified Communications Solutions unify voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks, delivering a media-rich collaboration experience across business, government agency, and institutional workspaces. These applications use the network as the platform to enhance comparative advantage by accelerating decision time and reducing transaction time. The security, resilience, and scalability of the network enable users in any workspace to easily connect anywhere, anytime, and anyplace, using any media, device or operating system. Cisco Unified Communications is part of a comprehensive solution that includes network infrastructure, security, wireless, management applications, lifecycle services, flexible deployment and outsourced management options, and third-party applications.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G is a full-featured IP phone with speakerphone and handset designed for wideband audio. It is intended to meet the needs of needs of transaction-type workers with significant phone traffic. It has two programmable backlit line/feature buttons and four interactive soft keys that guide you through all call features and functions. The phone has a large, 4-bit grayscale graphical LCD that provides features such as date and time, calling party name, calling party number, digits dialed, and presence information. The crisp graphic capability of the display allows for the inclusion of higher value, more visibly rich XML applications, and support for localization. A hands-free speakerphone and handset designed for hi-fidelity wideband audio are standard on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G, as is a built-in headset connection and an integrated Ethernet switch.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G is designed to grow with your organization and enhancements to your system capabilities. The dynamic feature set allows the phone to keep pace with your requirements through regular software updates. Firmware changes can be downloaded from Cisco.com. No hands-on moves and changes are required with the phone—you can simply pick up the phone and move to a new location anywhere on your network.
Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G Features
- Display 5-inch (12.5 cm), high-resolution (320 x 222), graphical monochrome 4-bit grayscale display. Allows for greater flexibility of features and applications, and significantly expands the information viewed when using features such as Services, Information, Messages, and Directory. Display also supports localization requiring double-byte Unicode encoding for fonts.
- Wideband Audio Support for wideband (G.722 codec, adherence to TIA 920), including handset, headset, and speakerphone
- Codec Support G.711a, G.711µ, G.729a, G.729ab, G.722, and iLBC audio compression codecs are supported
- Speakerphone Full-duplex speakerphone with acoustic echo cancellation.
- Messages Key Provides direct access to voicemail.
- Directories Key Ready access to missed, received, and placed calls (plus intercom history and directories). Incoming messages are identified and categorized on the display, allowing users to quickly and effectively return calls using direct dial-back capability. Corporate directory integrates with the LDAP3 standard directory.
- Settings Key Allows user to adjust display contrast, select background images (if available), and select ringer sounds through the User Preference menu. Network Configuration preferences also can be set up (usually by the system administrator). Configuration can be set up either automatically or manually for Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP), Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP), Cisco Unified Communications Manager, and backup Cisco Unified Communications Manager instances. Other available Settings submenus include Device Configuration, Security Configuration, and Model Information.
- Services Key Allows users to quickly access diverse information such as weather, stocks, quote of the day, or any Webbased information using XML.
- Help Button Online Help gives users information about the phone keys, buttons, and features.
- Speakerphone, Mute, and Headset Buttons Speakerphone includes Speaker On/Off, Microphone Mute, and Headset buttons that are lit when active. For added security, the audible dual tone multifrequency (DTMF) tones are masked when the speakerphone mode is used.
- Ethernet Switch Internal 2-port Cisco Ethernet switch allows for a direct connection to a 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network through an RJ-45 interface with single LAN connectivity for both the phone and a colocated PC. System administrator can designate separate VLANs (802.1Q) for the PC and phone, providing improved security and reliability of voice and data traffic.
- Headset Port Dedicated headset port eliminates the need for a separate headset amplifier and allows the handset to remain in its cradle, making headset use simpler. Both wideband (G.722) and narrowband headsets are supported.
- Volume Control Provides easy decibel-level adjustments for the speakerphone, handset, headset, and ringer. The handset is hearing aid-compatible. Additional volume control gain can be achieved using an inline handset amplifier.
- Adjustable Foot-Stand Stand is adjustable from flat to 60 degrees to provide optimum display viewing and comfortable use of all buttons and keys. The foot-stand is keyed to match standard wall-jack configurations for wall mounting. Optional wall-mount brackets are also offered.
- Multiple Ring Tones More than 24 defined user-selectable ring tones are available. Ring tones may also be personalized through use of the Cisco Unified Phone Application Suite.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Features Handset is hearing aid-compatible and meets Federal Communications Commission (FCC) loudness requirements for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Section 508 loudness requirements can be achieved using industry-standard inline handset amplifiers such as Walker Equipment W-10 or CE-100 amplifiers. Dial pad is also ADA-compliant.
- Quality of Service (QoS) Options Supports differentiated services code point (DSCP) and 802.1Q/p standards.
- Security Positive device identity through X.509v3 Certificates, digitally signed images, cryptographically secure provisioning, and secure signaling and secure media with AES-128. Cryptography is not enabled by default and may only be enabled through a cryptographically enabled CUCM. The phone also contains an 802.1X supplicant and supports EAPOL pass-through.
- Language Support Built-in support for more than 30 languages (dependent on Cisco Unified Communications Manager version).
- Configuration Options IP address assignment can be statically configured or configured through the DHCP client.
Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G Product Specifications
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 8.2 x 10.5 x 6 in. (20.32 x 26.67 x 15.24 cm)
- Weight 3.5 lb (1.6 kg)
- Phone-Casing Composition Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic in textured dark gray color with silver bezel
- Power Supports IEEE 802.3af PoE (Class 2). Also supports Cisco Prestandard Power over Ethernet (PoE), allowing powering from any of the Cisco Inline Power-capable blades and boxes, plus Cisco midspan. 48VDC is required; it can be supplied locally at the desktop using an optional AC-to-DC power supply (part number CPPWR-CUBE-3=) or power injector (CP-PWR-INJ=). Local power options require a corresponding AC country cord .
- Phone Software Requirements Supported in 8.3(2) and greater
- Call Control Compatibility Supported in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Versions 4.1(3)sr5b, 4.2(3)sr2b, 4.3(1), 5.1.1(b), 5.1(2), 6.0(1) and greater Supported in Cisco Unified Communications Express and SRST Version 4.1
- Signaling Protocols Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) with Cisco call control
- Operating Temperature 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Relative Humidity 10 to 95% (noncondensing)
- Storage Temperature 14 to 140°F (–10 to 60°C)
Phone System Support Overview
Cisco 7900 Series enterprise phones use a proprietary protocol called SCCP. Special firmware can be loaded to allow the phones to be complient with the standard SIP protocol.
When you buy a Cisco 7900 Series enterprise phone from BuyPhonesOnline.ca, Helia will pre-configure the phone so that when you plug it in it will be ready to use right away.
3CX Professional Phone System.
The Cisco 7900 Series enterprise phones is fully supported by the 3CX Phone System as a standard phone. This means is enjoys plug and play functionaity for configuration as well as Option 66 configuration as both a local phone. Remote phones require a vpn and additional configuration
The Cisco 7900 Series enterprise phones is a preferred phone for the SimpleBusinessPhones.com phone lines. The phone will come auto configured and any additional changes can be made in the SimpleBusinessPhones.com web portal.
Fairfire Hosted Phone System
The Cisco 7900 Series enterprise phones is a preferred phone for the FairFirePhones.ca phone lines. The phone will come auto configured and any additional changes can be made in the FairFirePhones.ca web portal.
Cisco Call Manager
The Cisco 7900 Series enterprise phones native phone system is the Cisco Call Manager.. The phone will auto configure for your phone phone system using plug and play configurations
Resources and Documents
- Cisco 7942 Unified IP Desk Phone User Guide
- Cisco 7942 Unified IP Desk Phone Manager Express
- Product sheet for the Cisco 7942 Unified IP Desk Phone