- There are no unexpected duties, tariffs or cross border fees on our products. All pricing is in Canadian dollars and shipped from Canada.
- All products shipped from BuyPhonesOnline.ca come pre-configured and with configuration support; so that you can UNPACK, PLUG-IN, and DIAL.
HELIA Technology Report
Find advanced training videos and product reviews for all things phones at our YouTube channel. Find coupons for this BuyPhonesOnline.ca webstore and more. Visit and Subscribe youtube.com/HeliaCanada
Supported Phone Systems
About the Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 Conference Phone
The Polycom® SoundStation IP 5000 conference phone delivers remarkably clear conference calls for small conference rooms and executive offices. It features Polycom HD Voice technology, broad SIP interoperability, and a modern design that is ideal for smaller rooms—all at an affordable price.
With Polycom HD Voice technology, the SoundStation IP 5000 conference phone boosts productivity and reduces listener fatigue by turning ordinary conference calls into crystal-clear, interactive conversations. It captures both the deeper lows and higher frequencies of the human voice for conference calls that sound as natural as being there.
For all calls, the SoundStation IP 5000 conference phone delivers advanced audio performance that is designed for executive offices and smaller conference rooms with up to 6 participants. From full-duplex technology that eliminates distracting drop-outs to the latest echo cancellation advancements, only Polycom can deliver a conference phone experience with no compromises. Conference calls are made more productive and efficient by three sensitive microphones with 360° coverage that allow users to speak in a normal voice and be heard clearly from up to 7 feet away. The phone also features technology that resists interference from mobile phones and other wireless devices, delivering clear communications without distractions.
The SoundStation IP 5000 leverages Polycom's strong history in both conference phone and VoIP technology to deliver the most robust standards-based SIP interoperability in the industry. It shares the same SIP phone software base with Polycom's award-winning SoundPoint IP products—the most comprehensive, reliable and feature-rich SIP products in the industry with proven interoperability with a broad array of IP PBX and hosted platforms.
Robust provisioning, management, and security features make Polycom's family of IP conference phones the only choice for meeting rooms in SIP-based environments. Integrated Power over Ethernet (PoE) simplifies setup, with an optional AC power kit available for non-PoE environments. Plus, the SoundStation IP 5000 conference phone includes a high-resolution backlit display for vital call information and multilanguage support.
- Unparalleled clarity – Polycom HD Voice makes your conference calls sound amazingly clear and life-like
- More productive conference calls – Patented Polycom Acoustic Clarity technology delivers the best conference phone experience with no compromises
- Ideal for smaller rooms – 7-foot microphone pickup and a small footprint designed for executive offices and smaller conference rooms with up to 6 participants
- Advanced IP feature support – the most feature-rich family of IP conference phones available, with advanced call handling, security, and provisioning features
- Robust interoperability – compatible with a broad array of SIP call platforms to maximize voice quality and feature availability while simplifying management and administration
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (built in)
- Optional external universal AC power supply kit: 100-240V, 0.4A, 48V/19W display
- Size (pixels): 248 x 68 (W x H)
- White LED backlight with custom intensity control
- Standard 12-key keypad
- Context-dependent soft keys: 4
- On-hook/Off-hook, redial, mute, volume up/down
- 5-way navigation
- Frequency: 250 – 7,000 HZ
- Volume: Adjustable to peak volume 84 dB at 1/2 meter distance
- Voice activity detection
- Comfort noise fill
- DTMF tone generation / DTMF event
- Low-delay audio packet transmission
- Adaptive jitter buffers
- Packet loss concealment
- Acoustic echo cancellation
- Background noise suppression
- Supported Codecs - G.711 (A-law and µ-law) - G.729a (Annex A, B) - G.722 - iLBC
Call Handling Features
- Shared call / bridged line appearance
- Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
- Distinctive incoming call treatment / call waiting
- Call timer
- Call transfer, hold, divert (forward), pickup
- Called, calling, connected party information
- Advanced Local three-way conferencing (conference, join, split, hold, resume)
- One-touch speed dial, redial
- Call waiting
- Remote missed call notification
- Automatic off-hook call placement
- Do not disturb function
- Local feature-rich GUI
- Time and date display
- Corporate Directory Access (search, dial, save to local directory)
- Convenient volume adjustment keys
- User-configurable contact directory and call history (missed, placed, and received)
- Customizable call progress tones
- Wav file support for call progress tones
- Unicode UTF-8 character support.
Network and provisioning
- Ethernet 10/100 Base-T
- IP Address Configuration: DHCP and Static IP
- Time synchronization with SNTP server
- FTP / TFTP / HTTP / HTTPS serverbased central provisioning for mass deployments. Provisioning server redundancy supported.
- Web portal for individual unit configuration
- QoS Support – IEEE 802.1p/Q tagging (VLAN), Layer 3 TOS and DSCP
- Network Address Translation (NAT) support – static
- RTCP support (RFC 1889)
- Event logging
- Local dial plan
- Hardware diagnostics
- Status and statistics
- User selectable ringer tones
- Field upgradeable security
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Encrypted configuration files
- Digest authentication
- Password login
- Support for URL syntax with password for boot server
- HTTPS secure provisioning
Product ships with
- Conference Phone Console
- 25 foot Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
Optional AC Power Kit Ships With
- Universal Power Supply
- 7 foot region-specific power cord
- Power Insertion Cable
- Operating temperature: 41 – 104 degrees F (5 – 40 degrees C)
- Relative humidity: 20% – 85% (noncondensing)
- Storage temperature: -22 – 131 degrees F (-30 – 55 degrees C)
- Warranty 1 year
- Country of Origin China
- Phone dimensions 11.4 x 10.6 x 2.6 in ( 28.5 x 26.5x 6.5 cm) (L x W x H)
- Phone console weight 1.14 lb (0.52 kg)
- Box dimensions 14.88 x 11.76 x 3.8 in (37.2 x 29.4 x 9.5 cm) (L x W x H)
- Box weight 2.99 lb (1.36 kg)
Phone System Support Overview
Polycom enjoys a broad support of its phones within IP phone systems and hosted phone systems.
When you buy a Polycom SoundStation conference phone from BuyPhonesOnline.ca, Helia will pre-configure the phone so that when you plug it in it will be ready to use right away.
3CX Professional Phone System.
The Polycom SoundStation conference phone is fully supported by the 3CX Phone System as a standard phone. This means is enjoys plug and play functionaity for configuration as well as Option 66 configuration as both a local phone. Remote phones require a vpn and additional configuration
The Polycom SoundStation conference phone is a preferred phone for the SimpleBusinessPhones.com phone lines. The phone will come auto configured and any additional changes can be made in the SimpleBusinessPhones.com web portal.
Fairfire Hosted Phone System
The Polycom SoundStation conference phone is a preferred phone for the FairFirePhones.ca phone lines. The phone will come auto configured and any additional changes can be made in the FairFirePhones.ca web portal.
The Polycom SoundStation conference phone is supported by the RingCentral hosted phone system. The phone will auto configure for your phone phone system using plug and play configurations
Resources and Documents
- Polycom Conference Phone Guide
- Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 Conference Phone User Manual
- Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 Conference Phone Datasheet